Vacancy for Business Administrator
Play Torbay is a dynamic voluntary sector organisation championing children’s play across Torbay, Devon. We offer free, exciting play opportunities and programmes of adventurous activities in partnership with organisations, parents, carers and local people.
Play Torbay is currently developing two parallel programmes:
‘Come into Play’ is addressing the very real needs faced by parents and carers of children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and/or social emotional and mental health issues, who struggle with school and are often temporarily or permanently excluded. Building on our established ‘Skills Bank’ the project will develop parenting and safeguarding programmes, mindfulness and well-being activities and informal parent, carer and family support groups for isolated families’. ‘Come into Play’ is a three-year programme supported by the Big Lottery.
‘PILOT’ Play Learning and Teaching in the Outdoors is an Alternative Education offer new service for children and young people in Torbay who are on the ‘edge’ of services. We offer part-time placements for young people, referred by local authorities and schools, who do not find it easy to fit into existing educational provision.
We now have an exciting part-time opportunity for a Business Administrator and looking for an applicant who has significant knowledge and experience and will:
- Be lively and enthusiastic and have the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Be happy to work in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic in terms of attendance, performance and attitude
- Be able to use Word, 4. Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint to at least intermediate level (this will be tested at interview
- Have strong budgeting, financial forecasting and finance skills
- Be familiar with the internet and web-based applications
- Be quick and enthusiastic to learn new systems
- Be able to listen and summarise what you hear into succinct notes (this will be tested at interview)
- Have a very good standard of written grammar and punctuation (this will be tested at interview)
- Have an excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with customers
- Demonstrate that you are caring and considerate of others
For more information please download an application pack HERE
Closing date: 12.00 noon Tuesday 4 June 2019
Call for interview date: Thursday 6 June 2019
Interview date: Friday 14 June 2019 (pm)
If want to learn about Volunteering for Play Torbay and the training and experience you would gain. Please click HERE.
For any other information about Play Torbay, please call 01803 850157